Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Mmmm. Chocolate, nuts and caramel and easy to make. I found this recipe a few years back in Southern Living magazine.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 (2 ounce) vanilla, candy, coating, squares
- Unwrap caramels, of course, and melt in a heavy saucepan with butter and water over low heat.
- Stir constantly until it is smooth.
- Stir in pecan halves and let mixture cool in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased wax paper.
- Chill 1 hour, or freeze 20 minutes until firm.
- When caramel and nut mixture is cold to touch, melt chocolate chips and candy coating in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Dip caramel candies into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip; place on lightly greased wax paper.
- Let stand until firm.
Big hit @ our party. My mom used to work @ Purdy's Chocolates so the comparison to Sweet Georgia Browns was unescapeable. The chocolate w/Vanilla Candy was gross on it's own. No bowl licking here. But once combined with the Caramels and peacans it's the perfect, not overly sweet treat. Oh but Hard to pull from the pan if you don't keep them in the fridge until serving.