Recipe by Nessa, Texas Housewife
A weekly meal around here. Use your favorite brand of salsa or picante sauce in this recipe. It can be as mild or spicy as you like it. A nice change from the normal meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak the crushed tortilla chips in milk until soft.
- Combine chips with beef, 1 cup of salsa, and eggs. Mix thoroughly; I usually dig in with my hands at this point because it seems to work the best when mixing.
- Pack into a greased loaf pan, or form into desired shape in shallow baking dish.
- Spread remaining salsa over top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.