Recipe by True Texas
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking on Food Network. I'm a big fan of potato salad and this sounded good, but I don't know why she calls it Mashed Potato Salad.
- 1 (28 ounce) bagcubed frozen hash browns with onions and peppers (recommend Ore-Ida O'Brien potatoes)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (recommend Best Foods)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard (recommend French's)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (recommend Vlasic)
- salt and pepper
- paprika, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and cook on high setting for 8 minutes. Stir, re-cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes more. Drain and chill thoroughly in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients. Mash with potato masher until combined and small pieces of potato are left. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.