Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Being a Texas Gal...I felt the need to share some Texas recipes with everyone! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3⁄4 lb semisweet chocolate, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- In a 3-4 quart pan over low heat, stir butter with cocoa until melted.
- Off the heat, beat in sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour, pecans, and chocolate; mix well.
- Spread batter in buttered 9x13" pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven until top feels dry in center, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- If baking ahead, wrap airtight when cool and hold up to a day.
- Cut into 12 to 16 pieces.
These brownies are delicious, and just the way I like my brownies...soft, chewy and moist. It has a very rich chocolate flavor, and the pecans add the perfect crunch. You would not go wrong making these wonderful treats. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!