Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Allrecipes.com. "Delicious, festive cookies almost like tiny fruitcakes."
- 2 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 lb red glazed cherries, and
- green glazed cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss together the golden raisins and dark raisins with the whiskey; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs one at a time, mix until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the walnuts, pecans, cherries, and finally, the raisin and whiskey mixture.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to cool on wire racks.
What a waste of ingredients. This was the worst cookie I ever made and I have been making cookies for 50 years. Absolute joke to post this recipe. All that money for cookies I can't hand out to anyone.