Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on the internet and it sounds interesting! I can't wait to give it a try!
Make and share this Texas Jalapeno Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 4 cups peeled sliced granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread jalapeno jelly into the bottom of pie shell.
- In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples, toss and spoon into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle jalapeno pepper over apples.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and butter with a pastry blender to form crumbly mixture.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until golden.
We just won our local town July 4th Apple Pie Contents with this pie! It was SO GOOD. I used a sharp cheddar instead of Monterey Jack and some jalapenos from our local community garden. This was a fun pie to make and relatively easy given the instructions in the recipe. Thanks for a fun 4th!
This recipe is from a group of ladies from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. They have produced one of the best series of cookbooks ever starting with one called "The Best of Bridge". I highly recommend every one of their books. This is one of the easiest pies to make and I make it by the dozen, then freeze them uncooked as great house-party contributions.
Absolutely the hit of the party!!! I was in a lazy mood and used pie filling, stirred in the minced jalapenos and used the jalapeno jelly on the crust. Yummy yummy! Next time I will use more jalapeno, and maybe try cheddar for the topping, or a mix. Who knows! Highly reated!!!