Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a Club newsletter and am putting it here for safekeeping. I haven't tried it yet but it states that it is great with grilled chicken. Adjust the Tabasco to your "heat" tolerance!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (recipe specifies Jack Daniel's)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients,place in saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
I found this recipe in the Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen. I admit, I was a bit of a chicken and didn't use all the Tabasco sauce, but the sauce came out quite nice. In my book, the recipe states that the sauce can keep for several months. I tried this on baby back ribs and they were great