Recipe by babygirl65
This is way we in West Texas has been making it for years. It's very flavorful and hot!! YEE HAW!!
- 2 -3 hot fresh jalapenos
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled
- lemon pepper
- 1 key lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- ALWAYS USE FRESH JALAPENOS.
- Slice jalapenos and put some of them in a food processor. Add 3-4 tomatoes with a little bit of juice to start with, then add some onions, then garlic. (you need to start with a little so that you can add ingredients as needed)
- Pulse ingredients in processor (try not to puree, it needs to stay chunky).
- Open lid and add lemon pepper, salt, key lime juice and cilantro (just a couple of sprigs to start).
- Pulse again until blended. Open lid and taste. Adjust ingredients accordingly. Sometimes I need to add more jalapenos or onion or garlic or salt -- etc.
- The trick to making good salsa is by tasting it not how many tsps or tablespoons Sometimes you need 2 jalapenos, sometimes you need 4. Sometimes you need more onion and less garlic or less onion and more garlic. Everyone has different taste so adjust your according your liking. That's what its all about.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure you use key limes and not regular limes. Key limes have a different and better taste! Key limes also go good with beer -- YUM!