Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a condiment used on hotdogs, burgers, deep-fried fish or anything else needing a beefy zip.
Make and share this Texas Hot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Brown beef in skillet with tablespoon of oil.
- Grind spices together into fine powder.
- Drain beef.
- In 2qt+ pot or crockpot, mix together beef, water, tomato sauce, and spices.
- Simmer for a minimum of one hour. If crockpoting, simmer on low for 12 to 24hrs, checking/stirring occassionally. Added water if sauce starts to dry out.
- The longer this receipe simmer the better the texture and spiciness of the sauce.
- Excess can be frozen and reheated in a double-boiler or crockpot.