Recipe by razorrunner
This is a condiment used on hotdogs, burgers, deep-fried fish or anything else needing a beefy zip.
- 1 lb 70% lean ground beef (73% lean or less)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (ie ( Hunts)
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in skillet with tablespoon of oil.
- Grind spices together into fine powder.
- Drain beef.
- In 2qt+ pot or crockpot, mix together beef, water, tomato sauce, and spices.
- Simmer for a minimum of one hour. If crockpoting, simmer on low for 12 to 24hrs, checking/stirring occassionally. Added water if sauce starts to dry out.
- The longer this receipe simmer the better the texture and spiciness of the sauce.
- Excess can be frozen and reheated in a double-boiler or crockpot.