Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Fabulous chili made in a slow cooker. Serve with cornbread to make a great complete meal.
- 3⁄4 lb stew meat
- 4 tablespoons white flour
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat stew meat with flour. Cook meat in sauté pan until browned on all sides.
- Brown ground beef in separate pan. Drain off fat and oil.
- Add all ingredients except corn into the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cook for approximately 4 hours.
- Add corn during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve and top with the cheddar cheese.