Recipe by utahmomtotwo
My mom used to make this when I was living at home. It is a very comforting food and very filling.
Top Review by faith58
made this tonight and it's really good. It got the kid approved rating :) I added extra rice and chili powder for more zip.. This will be made again.. Thank you so much for a wonderful, easy, tasty recipe utahmomoftwo..
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 quart diced tomato (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet cook and crumble beef; drain well.
- Add onions. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked rice, salt to taste, pepper and chili powder. Heat through.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole dish and bake for 30-40 minutes at 300.
- (Note if you are using regular brown rice you will need to partially cook it before adding or it will not cook all the way.).