Recipe by DB1971
This can also be used as a stuffing for stuffed green peppers. I got this recipe from my Aunt. Very yummy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (from can)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bell pepper and onion.
- Brown hamburger, onion and bell pepper. Drain well.
- In a large casserole dish, mix hamburger mixture well with rice, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese and continue baking for about 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Pour some warmed up enchilada sauce over top for extra zing. This is good with or without the enchilada sauce.
- If you are using this as a stuffing for bell peppers, do not include the bell pepper when browning hamburger. Instead, core and clean whole peppers. par boil in salt water. Drain, fill with mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until rice is done.