Recipe by GayleM
This is an easy recipe and is really good. You could also add other vegetables for variation, like corn.
Top Review by Braunda
I just love Rice and Hamburger...This is a very good Recipe..I added a teaspoon more of the Chili Powder...Made it spicey...I just laughed so hard at myself..Thinking that Hubby and I could eat all of this...It makes alot..I also cooked it in the crockpot..I got it started on the stove and then added it to the hot crockpot..It was done in a hour..Oh the smell was wonderful and the taste was better..We also had Pea Salad with it. Thank You
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 -3 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Brown beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When onions are translucent, add garlic and green pepper; cook until green pepper is softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to the casserole dish and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes longer.