Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is an easy recipe and is really good. You could also add other vegetables for variation, like corn.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Brown beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When onions are translucent, add garlic and green pepper; cook until green pepper is softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to the casserole dish and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
I just love Rice and Hamburger...This is a very good Recipe..I added a teaspoon more of the Chili Powder...Made it spicey...I just laughed so hard at myself..Thinking that Hubby and I could eat all of this...It makes alot..I also cooked it in the crockpot..I got it started on the stove and then added it to the hot crockpot..It was done in a hour..Oh the smell was wonderful and the taste was better..We also had Pea Salad with it. Thank You
This is a really easy and wonderful recipe. I remembered my mother serving something similar when I was a kid and thanks to Gayle's recipe I was able to find it again! I used a 400g can of diced tomatoes and also threw in some fresh spinach.
I have been making this for years and the only thing different I do is after the 45 minutes cooking and rice is done, I put grated sharp cheddar cheese on top and put it bake in over for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. My family just loves it that was!!! ENJOY!!!