Recipe by wildly_wicked_wolf
Awesom flavor melt in your mouth, my kind of comfort food. This is great served with warm bread and butter. Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 -6 bell peppers, green chopped
- 2 quarts tomatoes with juice (home canned is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 teaspoons salt (cut down on salt if using home canned)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, for those who like spicy
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven on med heat add oil, onions and peppers.
- Add salt, cook till onions and peppers are transparent.
- Add burger, cook till browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, spices.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Spray a 3 qt casserole dish and pour in mixture.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let sit for 10 min before serving.