Recipe by Chef Kenney J
This recipe came from Mrs A.D. Davis, who said she got it from a chuck wagon cook in Texas. Goes good with garlic bread.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet add oil onion and garlic,saute' till clear.
- add ground meat and brown sstirring constanty so not to burn onion and garlic.
- add rest of ingreadients except cheese,stir together.
- pour into casserole bowel and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- the last 10 minutes of cooking time add the shredded cheese, spreading evenly on top of casserole, finsh baking until cheese melts and starts to brown.