Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From an old calendar 1986 put out by Texas Power and Light. It was among an aunt's recipes and cookbooks I inherited. Sounds good and rich, and something I could like.
- 1 (14 ounce) package vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) package paraffin wax, broken into small pieces
- 1 (18 ounce) package milk chocolate pieces
- In medium saucepan, melt caramels, water, and butter or margarine on MEDIUM, stirring constantly.
- When smooth and creamy, remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto waxed paper which has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place paraffin and chocolate pieces in a medium saucepan. Cook on MEDIUM, stirring constantly until paraffin is melted.
- Using a fork, dip each caramel mound in chocolate. Place on waxed paper.
- Allow to stand until candy is no longer sticky.