Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The guys in our family love this appetizer and always request it when it is football season. It is so easy and takes no time to prepare.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 3 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 lb extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 -3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the grated cheeses on the bottom.
- Cover with the chiles.
- Top with the other half of the cheeses.
- Mix eggs with mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake@ 375 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I used mild/medium cheddar cheese and did not use the mustard or Worcestershire sauce. It is great! You can freeze the squares and also serve cut up squares in hot buttered noodles for the kids.