Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great spring/summer salad to serve when you're looking for something a little different. It's colorful, healthy, and looks beautiful! Originally from the Houston Chronical's food section featuring favorite spring menus.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10 cups mixed baby greens, about
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled, cut lengthwise in half, and sliced
- 2 red grapefruits or 2 pink grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- To make dressing, whisk together in a small bowl the oil, vinegar, nuts, orange juice, lime juice and zest, basil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- For salad, cut avocado in half.
- Cut 1 half into cubes.
- Cut remaining half into 8 wedges and set aside for garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado cubes, greens, kiwi, grapefruit, and strawberries.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange avocado slices on top and serve.
Great Salad!! I had to omit the avocado for dietary reasons - but it tasted amazing even without it! The lime juice and zest give this salad a fantastic taste!!! Thank-you for posting this!
YUM! This salad is so wonderful! The dressing just gives it such a fresh taste. The only change I made was to use half fresh spinach and half iceburg lettuce, but as soon as the fresh leaf lettuce comes in, I will be making this again. Oh, and because we have 4 pecan trees in our yard, we use alot of pecans. I increased the tablespoon of toasted pecans to 1/2 cup and just sprinkled them onto the salad. My whole family loved this salad. Thank you for sharing!!