Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my copy-cat of an appetizer from Champs (the sport bar), Fries may be replaced by crispy nachos.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen french fries (Oreida "Fast Food" style frozen french fries or steak fries)
- 1 (6 ounce) jarwhole fresh jalapenos (fresh preferred, use 2 or 3) or 1 (6 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced (fresh preferred, use 2 or 3)
- 3 cups Velveeta cheese (or chopped) or 3 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded (or chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons pico de gallo (optional) or diced tomatoes and white onions with chopped up cilantro
- 4 tablespoons of diced fresh tomatoes
- Prepare fries according to directions on packaging or make your own from scratch. Right after removing from the oven sprinkle with cheese.
- If you are using nacho/tortilla chips, place on a baking sheet, top with the cheese and broil for 5 minutes.
- Top with pico de gallo or tomatoes, chives, and jalapenos. Serve Hot.