My version of the Riscky's BBQ Original. They offer them as an appetizer but I can make a meal of it. While the real thing is best, one serving equals my total monthly fat allotment. I skinnied it down by sauteeing the onions & peppers rather than dropping them in the deep fryer as they do. I also prefer to oven bake fresh cut potatoes.We like them to put the quick back in our step so I pepper heavily. Fork required!
- Bake or fry potatoes, whichever you prefer.
- Pour oil in a large skillet. Add onions & jalapenos & cook, stirring often, till onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- **We prefer the canned jalapenos because the vinegar seeps into the onions while cooking & flavors the whole dish. If using fresh peppers, you may need either more oil or a dash of vinegar.
- Spoon half the onion/pepper mixture onto a serving dish. Top with hot fries. Add remaining onion & peppers.
- Salt to taste but pepper liberally.
- To make it authentic, serve with ranch dressing for dipping rather than ketchup.