Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 pan dressed skinless catfish (or other fish fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Thaw frozen fish.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs slightly and blend in the milk.
- Dip fish in eggs and roll in cornmeal.
- Place fish in a heavy fry pan which contains about 1/8" melted fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at a moderate heat.
- When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown on the other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately on a hot platter, plain or with a sauce.
Lovely crunchy outside and soft & moist inside. I mixed the corn meal with flour & cut the recipe in half. Used about a tablespoon of oil to fry the fish. just 5 minutes each side and it was golden. Served with oven roasted potatoesw, new carrots & steamed broccoli - It doesn't come much better than this thanks Dancer