Recipe by Steve P.
This is a family favorite. If you love coconut you will love this cake. It will stay fresh up to 5 days to :)
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup coarsly chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F and set oven rack in middle level.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and vanilla until light; about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl,combine the flour with the baking soda and salt and stir well to mix.
- Combine the pecans and coconut and add a tablespoon of the flour mixture and rub between palms of hands to coat well.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream to the butter and egg mixture, begining and ending with the flour.
- Stir in the pecans and coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake the cake about 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the batter comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for about 15 minutes, then invert a rack on the pan and invert to remove the cake.
- Finish cooling at room temperature, then wrap well in plastic wrap.
- The cake keeps well at room temperature for 4 to 5 days if it ever lasts that long without being eaten!