Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
perfect for quesadillas or for making fajitas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk, warm
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and oil.
- Slowly add the warm milk.
- Stir until a loose, sticky ball is formed.
- Knead for two minutes on a floured surface. Dough should be firm and soft.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- Break off eight sections, roll them into balls in your hands, place on a plate (make sure they aren’t touching) and then cover balls with damp cloth or plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
- After dough has rested, one at a time place a dough ball on a floured surface, pat it out into a four-inch circle, and then roll with a rolling pin from the center until it’s thin and about eight inches in diameter. Don’t over work the dough, or it’ll be stiff.
- Keep rolled-out tortillas covered until ready to cook.
- In a dry iron skillet heated on high, cook the tortilla about thirty seconds on each side. It should start to puff a bit when it’s done.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered wrapped in a napkin until ready to eat.