Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Thx to RZ & its outstanding chefs, this transplanted Texas girl has been able to try, enjoy & repeat recipes from her much-loved Tex-Mex cuisine. Now we can all thank the Texas Beef Council for what they describe as "A taste of Texas for your patio parties." (Cooking time includes time meat sits after Prep Step #1 & marinates in refrigerator after Prep Step #2)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- fajita seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- Season meat generously w/fajita seasoning, salt & pepper. Let meat sit for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare marinade by mixing BBQ sauce, lemon juice, garlic & red pepper. Pour over meat, cover & refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour off marinade & reserve to baste meat during grilling. Cut beef against the grain diagonally into 1/4 in slices.
- Thread ea slice onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water. Broil or grill to desired doneness, basting 1-2 times w/reserved marinade.
- Note: Given this is flank steak & the marinade time per the recipe abbreviated for this cut of meat, I'd personally choose to "pre-tenderize" using a meat mallot as a 1st step.
- Yield Note: As a main course, prob yield is 6-8 servings of 6-8 ribbons ea.
This is a great recipe ~ made for Superbowl Sunday! Didn't have fajita seasoning, so I used cajun seasoning instead. Loved the flavors ~ I broiled the steak and did pretenderize (it helped relieve some stress!) Thanks twissis ~ another great recipe! Made for your FOOTBALL POOL WIN, Week #17.
These fajitas had a nice complexity of flavor plus they were easy to make. I broiled the meat before slicing, rather then pre-slicing and using on skewers. Thanks for the recipe Twisis, it's definitely a keeper!