Recipe by roscoe777
Deviled Eggs....Texas style
Top Review by GibbyLou
I made a 1/3 of a recipe to have when my DS was home from college. He LOVES deviled eggs! And we loved these. I really wasn't sure about what to use for sweet pickle juice, so I ended up using juice from sweet relish. It seemed to work fine. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook eggs in simmering water for 20 minutes, cool under running water.
- Peel and cut eggs in half lenghtwise, remove yolks and set whites aside.
- put still warm yolks into a plastic food storage bag with mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, worcestershire sauce and seasonings; squeeze bag to mash yolks and mix ingredients.
- refrigerate filling and eggs whites seperately. Fill egg whites just before service.
- sprinkle eggs with paprika before service.