2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Lacy S.'s Note:
I addapted this recipe from several others I had found online. It is written to include venison and beef but you can use any combination of meat you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground beef, I use 80/20
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1Place shortening in a pot and melt over medium high heat.
- 2Brown venison and beef together with the onion and garlic in the shortening.
- 3Add water, tomato sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 45 minutes.
- 5Add "first addition" spices and 2 cups water to the mixture and stir to combine.
- 6Cover and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 45 minutes.
- 7Add "second addition" spices and 2 cups water to the mixture and stir to combine.
- 8Cover and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 30 minutes.
- 9We serve our chili with shredded cheese, diced onions, sour cream and sliced avocados but you can add whatever you like!
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Deer Chili
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 679.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: