Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great pot roast or shred it for sandwiches. Really easy and so good! Prep time does not include marinating time needed.
- 3 -4 lbs beef chuck or 3 -4 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chili sauce
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika and garlic and rub into roast.
- Cover and chill to marinate (overnight, if possible).
- Brown well on both sides in oil, then place in crock pot and add beef broth and onions.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on low or until tender.
- Add chili sauce the last hour of cooking.
Mmmm...love this delicious and hearty sauce! I wanted each bite to taste like the sauce, so sliced the roast and put it back in the crock for the last 30 minutes of cooking. I used venison too. The dh liked this, thanks!