Recipe by Marie
A great pot roast or shred it for sandwiches. Really easy and so good! Prep time does not include marinating time needed.
Top Review by Kaarin
Mmmm...love this delicious and hearty sauce! I wanted each bite to taste like the sauce, so sliced the roast and put it back in the crock for the last 30 minutes of cooking. I used venison too. The dh liked this, thanks!
- 3 -4 lbs beef chuck or 3 -4 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika and garlic and rub into roast.
- Cover and chill to marinate (overnight, if possible).
- Brown well on both sides in oil, then place in crock pot and add beef broth and onions.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on low or until tender.
- Add chili sauce the last hour of cooking.