Recipe by Claire #3
This recipe is similar to a contest winning recipe featured by our local electrical coop. Sounds crazy, but this bread is addictive!
Top Tweak by lilaobvan
I found the cumin flavor too overpowering & wanted more heat. I cut cumin in half; substituted two chopped jalapenos for the jelly. As is my habit, I used 3/4 whole grain flour & cut the sugar by 1/4c. AMAZING.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag cranberries, chopped or 1 bag craisins
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour through cranberries).
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, juice, vanilla, jelly, and butter.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and mix only until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.