Top Review by Lalaloula
This trail mix is soooooooooo good! It is sweet (but not overly so), salty and just plain addictive! YUM! I made half the recipe for just my sis and me and it disappeared within the day. lol :)
I used a no-sugar added apple and cinnamon whole spelt cereal and some puffed rye squares and for the fruit cranberries, prunes and currants. Mmmm! The optional coconut is a must for me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, RecipeNut!
- 2 cups cereal (toasted oat or bran squares or circles, granola)
- 2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit (, apricots, apples, cherries, peaches, prunes, dates or figs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup thin pretzel stick, broken in half
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together cereal, dried fruit, peanuts, pretzels and coconut, if desired.
- Add honey and cinnamon, tossing well to coat.
- Spread mixture on foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes.
- Cool; store in tightly covered container.