Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
In '300 Sensational Soups' by Carla Snyder & Meredith Deeds
Make and share this Texas Cowboy Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes with green chili peppers, undrained
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- cornbread crouton
- In a large pot, saute bacon over medium heat until starting to brown.
- Add ground beef and saute, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; saute until onion starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, beans, both cans of tomatoes and stock; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with croutons.