Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great gift jar for any occasion!
Make and share this Texas Cowboy Cookies in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1- quart wide mouth canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Recipe for Cowboy Cookies (to be attached with the mix):.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl,.
- Blend mix together.
- Add: 1 stick butter melted, 1 large egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts; place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.
I made 2 of these and in both cases I had to go through and scoop out the nuts because there was not enough room for the flour (of course it makes a big mess cause I had already tried adding the flour and the chips). That is even after following another posters suggestion and only using 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I used mini chips as well because they compact better. It was somewhat frustrating I have to say.
These are great tasting cookies. Thanks for posting.
Great cookies! My kids loved them. And, I was able to use up extra ingredients left from holiday cookies. Never put the mix in a jar... just made them at home.