Recipe by Cyberchef
My mom clipped this recipe out of a local newspaper a few years ago. I have made them several times since then, especially at Christmas. They are usually the first to disappear from the cookie plate. The recipe has alot of mix-ins and will get hard to stir, I suggest you use a BIG bowl and sturdy wooden spoon. This makes a Texas-size batch!!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups coconut
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a BIG bowl, mix butter until creamy, gradually mixing in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time, stirring well. (this is where the stirring starts getting harder).
- Use a medium size cookie scoop and drop rounded balls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool.
- Makes approximately six dozen cookies or you can use a large scoop and make approximately three dozen jumbo cookies.