This is FULL of great veggies! I serve this at all my get togethers, and it is loved by everyone.
Make and share this Texas Cowboy Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces black olives, chopped
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large purple onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 -4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve with corn chips.
This was very much complimented at my party tonight. It did take a while to dice everything, but I did everything but the avocados the day before. It was well worth the time. Thanks. I've made this again, using Zesty Italian Dressing instead of lime juice, oil & hot sauce. It was easier & we couldn't tell much difference. I also used 6 tsp. of refrigerated cilantro paste instead of chopping fresh cilantro. It was great!
This was great. I brought it to a pool party and it all went. I used 3 regular tomatoes instead of the romas (none at my grocery store) as well as yellow corn instead of white. I ended up using 3 tablespoons of hot sauce as well, it was still nowhere near spicy.
This makes a ton! Definitely party sized. I would halve the recipe next time when making for just the fam, and would probably still have leftovers. I made it without olives because my son doesn't like them. I forgot to buy tomatoes, so I used a cup of red salsa. I will cut back a little on the onions next time as they were a touch overpowering.