Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This are everyones favorite....from kids to grownups! A Texas Tradition.....YUMMY!!!
Make and share this Texas Cow Chips recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- beat butter and sugars together until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture and stir well.
- Sir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop cookies with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, 6 to a sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
These cookies were delicious and so big, Texas style!! My bf who is from Texas and quite picky, loved them so that in itself told me I had a hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These cookies were HUGE! (LOL). I only made one batch using the 1/4 cupfuls then switched to a 1/8 and they still made a good size cookie. They were very tasty. My husband really liked them and they had several of his favorites all in one cookie. Thanks CapnCrunch for a new cookie recipe.