Recipe by Marie
Recipe from the Paula Deen Food Network show.
Top Review by tomsawyer
This was a really great potato salad. I thought it could have used some more mustard as it seemed a little bit lacking in flavor when we got to the end. Also I think that I should have cut the potatoes down even more as it was a very rich potato salad. All in all though it went well and was very well loved as it got eaten up. I think in the future I will always add bacon and bacon grease to my potato salad as it was such a nice element especially since it added a little more protein to the salad. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb small red potato, unpeeled
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain and crumble.
- Reserve a tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add reserved bacon grease, some salt and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain and let cool, then cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper for dressing in a separate bowl.
- Mix together potatoes, green onion and egg and toss with dressing.
- Add bacon and chill until serving time.