Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great side dish. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you wish by how many jalapenos you add.
- 3 cans creamed corn
- 3 cans whole kernel corn or 3 cans frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grated cheese
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 6 jalapenos, chopped (I use 10-12)
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients well and pour in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until lightly golden brown and done in the middle.
- About 45 to 60 minutes.
This was a very nice casserole. We loved the texture of it. So soft and yummy. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Yummy! i made it as a side to tacos and it was delish. Used a cna of chopped green chilis and scaled recipe down to a 1/3rd
I chose this because I didn't have corn muffin mix, like the other recipes called for, and I was so glad I did! I made this for a church pot luck since the minister loves cornmeal dishes. i cut this in half (due to ingred. shortages) and it worked out great. i did add some pimentos for color. This was really hearty but not as "bready" as cornbread. I came home with dish. Thanks Junebug, for posting. Roxygirl