Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Like many Texas recipes, this coleslaw has a bit of a bite to it, tempered with the creamy taste of avocado. Sooooo good served at a Texas barbeque! This recipe was adapted from a Better Homes & Garden recipe.
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium avocado, seeded, peeled, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook time is chill time.
- In a large bowl stir together the green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, yellow pepper, green pepper, and raisins.
- Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours. Gently stir chopped avocado into coleslaw just before serving.