Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
Very spicy and tasty chili for those cold days. It will make hot days a lot hotter. Serve with tortillas or great over hamburger patties with fresh diced onion, cheese and oyster crackers. If you don't like it hot, don't add the jalapeno and serrano peppers.
- 2 lbs pinto beans
- 1⁄3 cup bacon fat or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 serrano peppers, chopped (remove seeds if you don't like it hot)
- 1 can diced green chili pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (mild, medium "or" hot -- I use hot)
- 1 cup spicy hot V8
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- water, if needed
- Heat water to a boil, cover and cook beans for 10 minutes.
- remove from burner and let kettle sit for 1-2 hours.
- Add water if needed to cover beans, add beef stock.
- Cook on low.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add meat, peppers, garlic and onion.
- Cook until meat is brown.
- Do not drain.
- Add all skillet ingredients, spices add other ingredients to the beans.
- Simmer covered till beans are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add more seasoning to your liking and water if necessary (I like alot of liquid).
- Cook time approximately 3 hours.