1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A great chili with a lot of depth to the flavours thanks to the chipoltle chilies. This is a nice mix of spice, sweet and smokey that works well for the whole family. I found this recipe in the Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook. I suggest you make it as stated in the recipe the first time before tweaking including all the fixin's, you won't be dissapointed! The chili itself isn't spicy its the Jalapenos you add on so the heat can be adjusted per bowl. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage, links removed from casing and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons salt, more as needed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes with puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can barbecued baked beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chipoltle chiles in adobo sauce, minced, more as needed
- 1Heat the oil in a large 8-quart-heavy bottomed stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- 2Add in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and oregano and stir until the spices are well combined.
- 3Add in the ground beef, sausage and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Increase heat to medium-high and cook the meat, stirring frequently, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Adjust the seasonings with more salt or chipoltle chiles if necessary. Serve with any or all of the suggested fixin's.
- 5Fixin's: Grated Sharp Cheddar, Chopped Green Onion, Sour Cream, Crumbled Corn Chips, Red Pepper Flakes, Chopped Jalapeno Chiles.
- 6Note: You can find canned chipoltle chiles in adobo sauce (smoked jalapenos in a thick red sauce) in supermarkets and Latino specialty markets.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Chili With All the Fixin's
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 1696.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: