- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄4 cup mild chile
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in oil over medium to medium high heat.
- Add beef, sausage, chilies, garlic and cumin; stir as it's cooking to break up the meat.
- When onion is translucent, stir in water.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least one hour or until stock cooks down.
- Add salt.
- Serve with chopped onions and mustard on hot dogs in a roll. Enough for 8-10 dogs.