Recipe by chili-head
This is a basic version of my award winning mix. The main differences are that the version I sell has many more varieties of chile peppers in the mix, a secret ingredient, and that I rounded off (to the closest whole) quantities to make a small bulk batch as listed here.
- 1 cup dried ancho chile powder
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons garlic granules
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 5 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the spices together and store in a cool, dark location in an airtight container.
- Final use requires 3-5 tbsps per pound of meat. 1 - 18oz can each of tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes, and 9oz water (half can to swish out the remaining tomato sauce).
- Stew for at LEAST 45 minutes before serving.
- Thicken with masa or cornstarch if necessary.
- Makes about 2 quarts of chili.