Recipe by Alisa Lea
Got this recipe from a flyer at the grocery store. I used ground turkey because that's what I had. I like the hint of cinnamon. It's not "real" chili but it's good for a quick and easy meal.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (with jalapenos and bacon)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, chili flavored
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium stockpot, cook ground chicken over medium high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add chili powder and cinnamon while cooking. Break into crumbles.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat to medium and simmer until desired consistency, about 10 minutes.