Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Texas style chili that would make Grandma proud!
Make and share this Texas Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Rotel brand with green chiles is ideal)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (optional)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark beer
- Brown the ground beef and sirloin beef cubes in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off the fat.
- In slow cooker, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and cook on low setting for eight hours.
- Top with scoop of sour cream and shredded Jack cheese.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.