Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my fail proof chilis that is both healthy and tasty.
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can pinto beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 3 serrano peppers (use less if you would prefer less spice)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Chop onion and sauté in olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and stir.
- Add ground meat and brown in the seasoning.
- Pour in the beef broth and the Serrano peppers.
- Drain the can of beans and add to the chili.
- Simmer for at least an hour. Longer if you would like it thicker.
- Add more broth if it cooks off too fast and you would like a thinner chili.