Recipe by Toadi
Very meaty chili. A family favorite. We like to top it with raw onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or corn chips.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansbush's best chili starter
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the carrots and celery with 2 cups water in a large stockpot until tender. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Pour into stockpot.
- Brown ground beef and onion. Add to the stockpot.
- Brown beef stew meat in olive oil over medium heat until done. Drain and add to stockpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the stockpot. Cover and simmer on low 2 hours.
- Top with raw onion, or shredded cheddar cheese, or sour cream or corn chips.