2 hrs 30 mins
Very meaty chili. A family favorite. We like to top it with raw onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or corn chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the carrots and celery with 2 cups water in a large stockpot until tender. Set aside.
- 2In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Pour into stockpot.
- 3Brown ground beef and onion. Add to the stockpot.
- 4Brown beef stew meat in olive oil over medium heat until done. Drain and add to stockpot.
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients to the stockpot. Cover and simmer on low 2 hours.
- 6Top with raw onion, or shredded cheddar cheese, or sour cream or corn chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Chili
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: