1/3 Photos of Texas Chili
2 hrs 30 mins
I have served this many times for Monday Night Football parties. Yes, it has beans and tomatoes and I'll call it Texas Chili, if I want to. Don't hate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and cut-up
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1Place flour in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- 2Add beef; shake to coat.
- 3Heat 3 T oil in Dutch oven; add beef and any remaining flour.
- 4Brown beef over medium-high heat; remove beef from pan; set aside.
- 5Heat remaining 2 T oil; add onion and garlic; saute over medium heat until onion is tender.
- 6Stir in beef, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, red pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- 7Heat to boiling; cover and reduce heat; simmer stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- 8Uncover; simmer stirring occasionally 30-60 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Chili
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 40.9 g