Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moms' comfort soup for cold evenings.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion
- olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili beans, don't drain
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, don't drain
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, don't drain
- 1 (10 ounce) canof mild Rotel tomatoes & chilies or 1 (10 ounce) can green chili peppers, don't drain
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drain one
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packageof mild taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- Put a large stock pot on medium heat. Into the large pot, empty the canned stuff and mix in the two packets of seasoning.
- For best results use the "Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix.".
- Chop the onion and chop the chicken breast, then put both into a skillet with a bit of olive oil over medium heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Once the meat is browned, drain and add the chicken and onion to the stock pot.
- Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over each bowl and serve with torilla chips.
Very tasty, easy, and everyone in the family liked it. I used recipe 76616 for the taco seasoning and halved it so the kids could take it. We baked wheat tortillas for the tortilla chips. It would be easy to cut the sodium in this recipe, just use homemade broth, dried beans, and frozen corn.
I loved how easy this recipe is! It tasted like a different variation of chili. Serves a big family!