Recipe by PugsAndKisses
A little bit different twist on an ordinary quesadilla. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Giving it 5 stars for taste. Next time will use more onion. Also had larger tortillas, so just mixed chicken and onions and layered cheese on top to make 2 complete quesadillas. More than enough for 4.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Slowly cook and stir onion until translucent.
- Mix in honey.
- Stir until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place remaining oil and chicken in the skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in barbeque sauce and evenly coat chicken.
- Layer 4 tortillas individually with chicken, onions, Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- One or two at a time, place layered tortillas on a large baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.